Friday

It seems like yesterday...

...but it's been 10 years. Jackson Edward Kennedy was born on September 29, 2001 at 1:55pm. The first child of Jeremy and Lindsey Kennedy - that afternoon we were the newest mommy and daddy in the world only for a moment -  but since that day Jackson has made us the proudest mommy and daddy in the world forever.
When I look back at the last 10 years - I fear the next 10 years will go just as fast (or faster, God forbid). I think of everything that Jackson has been through - and I am amazed at his strength, his courage, and His faith in God. On this day, his 10th birthday, I wish him a life full of happiness, many times of laughter and silliness, dreams that come true, goals that are achieved, a cancer-free forever, and everything else he's ever wanted - there's never been a more deserving boy.
Where does 10 years go?

Good Morning Birthday Boy!
How BIG is this foot? Cute new shoes though!!!!
I let Albertson's do the baking, however - I did the decorating! SO CUTE!!!!

Again, Albertson's = Baking, Lindsey = Decorating

Jackson and Peyton Hardcastle - "Cupcake Talk"
Love this child more than life itself...
Jackson's Favorite Dinner - Shepard's Pie


Happy Birthday Pitcher - ERA 0 tonight!

Love this face - I could kiss it - not scared to say it!

He is priceless and not scared to smile for his momma!

Happy Birthday song from the team!

1-2-3-GO Cardnials!

Any Questions?

7 comments:

Christy said...

That is so sweet. Noone will ever make Jeremy as happy or proud as Jackson has. Kiss him for me again and tell him I love him very much!

Anonymous said...

Christy, I'm not sure what your point is but he doesn't want or need your support. You need to give up and move on.

Christy said...

I'm not sure who you are, but, I have a pretty good idea. My comment was not intended to be "support" for anyone. I was merely stating a fact. Everyone knows Jeremy loves Jackson and that will never change. Facts are facts...simple as that. However, I will support whomever I choose to support. Thanks for the advice about giving up and moving on but I don't need it. Here is my advice to you. Spend a little less time reading this blog and worrying about what everyone else is doing and focus on your own life?

Rach said...

While I've only met you once or twice,I do know Jackson and Jeremy very well. I know that there was a time when you were a "main stay" for both of those boys. I am not certain who decided to speak such hatred towards you but it is obvious that this person is a coward (hiding behind the "Anonymous" name) and is very unhappy with their own life. Please continue to love Jackson just as you always have and know that although Jeremy and I haven't talked in quite a while, everyone knows he will always have a sincere appreciation for the amount of love and pride you have for his son. There will never be another woman, aside from Lindsey that will love and respect Jeremy and Jackson the way you have.

Christy said...

Thanks! We need to have a girls karaoke night soon...it's been 3 years since the last one!

Helen said...

I continue to pray for Jackson daily and am so encouraged to see his updated entries and the delightful photos of a young man touched and carried by His loving Heavenly Father....

Elizabeth said...

Lindsey, what a beautiful blog entry. Jackson is so lucky to have you and Jeremy as parents. I still wear my Jackson's Journey bracelet and I pray for Jackson and all of you daily.

Christy, I'm not sure what is going on here. I believe it was very disrespectful to Lindsey and Jackson for someone to attack you here, especially in such an immature manner. I have been friends with you for years and your love for Jackson has always amazed me. As for Jeremy, he was a true life saver. I do not know Lindsey but I do know that she did a wonderful thing by allowing Jackson to continue his relationship with you. You are an amazing woman, the most loyal person I know and I think you are a
blessing to all. Long story short, do not let this "anonymous" person get to you. He/she is not worth it.