Tuesday

Chin Up - Buttercup

In 1977 my mom graduted from NSU as a registered nurse. At the time her and my Daddy had been married for about a year - he was her biggest fan. To show his love, support, and pride in her accomplishment, Daddy bought momma a beautiful diamond buttercup ring (come on now - it was the 70's, buttercup rings were "in"). This was special - they didn't have a lot of money and my Daddy wasn't one for many overly-romantic gestures - it was VERY special.

In 2006, I too graduated as a registered nurse. Imagine my surprise when I unwrapped my gift from momma - a beautiful diamond buttercup ring. It warmed my Daddy's heart to see me wear it - the same love, support, and pride he once had for her would now shine on. I miss him.

Buttercups symbolize cheerfulness and charm...and invaluable family memories.


Any Questions?

No comments: